NSW – Sleep Technician – Liverpool Hospital Sleep Investigation Unit
Liverpool Hospital Sleep Investigation Unit conducts outpatient sleep studies across South Western Sydney Local Health District. The Sleep Unit operates Monday-Friday with Sleep Technicians working overnight shift (9:30pm – 7:30am) and/or setup shift (5:00pm-10:00pm).
Liverpool Hospital Sleep Investigation Unit is seeking a Sleep Technician to join our team. This is a permanent part-time position working up to 20 hours/week. The position encompasses predominately working 2 x overnight shifts (9:30pm – 7:30am). Job sharing options will also be considered.
Applications close on Sunday 2nd June 2019.
Please click here https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/sleep-technician-liverpool-hospital-perm-pt-155562 for further details and to apply online.
For all enquiries, please contact Jonathon Poh, Sleep Unit Manager, on (02) 8738 8246.
VIC - Sleep Scientist Vacancies – Casual and Part Time - The Austin Sleep Laboratory
Sleep Scientist Vacancies – Casual and Part Time
There are currently 4 vacancies at The Austin Sleep Laboratory:
Scientist Grade 1/2*
- 1 x part time fixed term (10 hrs/week, evening shifts)
- 1 x part time permanent (5 hrs/week - night shift) (ie 1x 10 hr night shift/fortnight)
Scientist Grade 1
- 2 x casual
There is potential to work extra night, evening and day shifts, on an ad hoc basis for all positions.
*Pay grading will be determined by current EBA requirements and associated processes.
The Austin Sleep Laboratory is a centre for excellence. As part of a teaching hospital, this is a large clinical laboratory service performing a comprehensive range of diagnostic patient testing; and treatment implementation and optimisation.
The laboratory plays a cornerstone role in the department and has links to the wider hospital service as well as having links to other clinical services and academic institutions. In particular, it provides services to the state-wide Victorian Respiratory Support Service for patients with respiratory failure and has a proud association with the Institute for Breathing and Sleep.
As such, these vacancies represent exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and suitably qualified scientists.
The successful applicants will enjoy the combination of technical, clinical and physiology skills required for the position and be able to work a shift roster.
Sleep laboratory experience is highly desirable, although full training can be provided.
Closing date: 19/5/19
Please apply via the Austin Health website www.austin.org.au
Senior Sleep Scientist
QLD - Sleep Sciences Clinical Educator - The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside
Queensland Health - The Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside
Temporary 12 months
Part-time 0.5 FTE
$53.88 - $57.97 p.h.
The purpose of this role is to develop, establish and provide standardised orientation and structured training programs in the sleep sciences for student placements and trainee scientific staff within Brisbane metropolitan public hospital Sleep Disorder Centres and relevant tertiary institutions.
Metro North Hospital and Health Service is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering the best care by the brightest healthcare professionals.
Two of our five hospitals – Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (RBWH) and The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) – are tertiary/quaternary referral hospitals, providing state-wide super specialty services, such as heart and lung transplantation and burns treatment. Redcliffe and Caboolture are major secondary hospitals, and Kilcoy is a regional community hospital.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Fulfil the accountabilities of this position in accordance with Queensland Health's core values, as outlined above.
- Accountable for the development of sustainable structured sleep sciences orientation and training programs for new graduates, students and staff and support training opportunities and activities for new and existing staff in accordance with established professional guidelines.
- Demonstrate high level professional skills, communication and behaviours in respect of the professional liaison, discipline and service representative scope of the role.
- Manage and facilitate sleep science student placements in accordance with Queensland Health student management policies and procedures. Ensure student candidates meet all Queensland Health student policy, vaccination and orientation requirements.
- Development of liaisons and establishment of formal student professional placement opportunities and processes with tertiary institutions with the aim of maintaining a pool of effectively trained graduates to meet metropolitan, rural and remote service needs as directed.
Please see Application link https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-PCH306054 for further information or call 07 3139 6175.
WA - Respiratory Sleep Scientist - Perth Childrens Hospital
WA Health is seeking to establish a pool of suitably experienced Respiratory Sleep Scientists. In this role you will perform polysomnography for the assessment of patients with known or suspected respiratory
and/or other sleep disorders.
Perth Children’s Hospital (PCH) is a new purpose built 298 bed specialist paediatric hospital and trauma centre providing outstanding inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory medical care to children and adolescents up to 16 years of age. Located on the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre site in Nedlands, Perth, the hospital became fully operational in June 2018 and features world class facilities specifically designed around the needs of children, adolescents, families and carers of Western Australia.
With state of the art technology PCH offers an extensive range of specialist paediatric medical and surgical services supported by our 2,500 strong workforce of doctors, nurses, allied health and health science, diagnostics and medical imaging technologists, support services and research and training areas. PCH is the only dedicated tertiary paediatric hospital in Western Australia and operates under the Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS) providing services throughout the community within Perth metropolitan area; specialized state wide services; as well as providing support to other hospitals and health services across the state.
For further information about the role and how to apply, please click HERE
QLD - Clinical Measurement Scientist - Respiratory and Sleep
Queensland Health (Organisation site)
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Herston
It is the purpose of this role to provide, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, routine respiratory and sleep investigations and associated clinical services within the Respiratory and Sleep Sciences Unit of the Thoracic Medicine Department, RBWH, developing the skills and knowledge to perform these services independently and to undertake more complex roles in the provision of respiratory and sleep clinical measurements services. The position contributes to service development, education, research and review activities.
For more information and how to apply, please click HERE
Applications close 4 April 2019
ACT - Canberra Sleep Clinic - Sleep Scientist; Laboratory Manager
The Canberra Sleep Clinic cares for patients in the ACT Capital and NSW Coast region.
The service supports the onsite practise of Adult and Paediatric Sleep Medicine Physicians. NATA/ASA accreditation is in place, and the Clinic has a full time RACP Sleep Medicine trainee.
A team of enthusiastic Sleep technologists are supported by a Biomedical Engineer and daytime sleep clinic staff.
The Sleep scientist will have a great opportunity to lead and support the team of night and daytime clinic staff to operational excellence, maintain and develop quality processes, educate staff and advise on new sleep technology. The role includes some remote after hours support of night staff, without overnight shifts. Support for and involvement in sleep research is available.
We are looking for an applicant who has a tertiary degree in science or health discipline, is RPSGT qualified or eligible, and have experience as an overnight Sleep technologist, PSG analyst and CPAP support role.
The position is substantive full time and includes support for further education and management training. Please apply through the “SEEK” website for “SLEEP SCIENTIST:LABORATORY MANAGER” at Canberra Sleep Clinic, or call Dr Stuart Miller on 0418 584 962.
VIC - Respiratory Scientist, Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep Services
VIC - Heidleberg
Permanent Part Time (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays)
Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep services offers a range of medical diagnostic procedures and also specialist respiratory consultation.
Our Respiratory Laboratory is a busy clinical operation and its purpose is to provide diagnostic lung function testing to referred outpatients and to the wider community.
You will be responsible for conducting a range of both routine and more specialised tests of respiratory function. You will apply professional knowledge and skills to ensure that measurement accuracy and the highest standards of patient care are consistently achieved. You may be responsible for carrying out quality assurance procedures, and may be required to be trained in the operation and maintenance of sleep study equipment.
- Ensure confidentiality of both patients and employees, policies and business dealings.
- Ensure correct functioning of laboratory equipment by performing calibration and maintenance procedures.
- Perform requested tests ensuring accuracy of measurements.
- Highest levels of patient care and safety must be achieved at all times.
- Prepare associated reports and calculate relevant test results.
- Keep abreast of new developments in respiratory technology and physiology.
- Undertake clerical duties associated with the operation of the laboratory.
- Remuneration will be based on experience.
- KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Science degree or higher in a related discipline.
- Available to work up to 42hrs per fortnight. As this is a shared role, the applicant MUST be able to work Mondays, Thursdays, half a day on Wednesday (8.30-12.30), and be able to cover for leave as required.
- Previous experience in the performance of routine respiratory function testing. (Training will be offered to the right applicant)
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with patients.
- Proven ability to perform in a work environment where clear, accurate and analytical thought processes are essential.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence and availability to work across all laboratory sites as required.
- Competency in a Microsoft Windows based computer environment including Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with more complex tests of respiratory function such as body plethysmography, bronchial provocation testing, maximal respiratory pressures, haemoglobin skin prick testing, etc.
- Experience with Medisoft lung function testing instrumentation
- Sleep study home set-ups
Applications close 2nd February.
Applicant to start training in February, and be able to commence in March.
Please direct your enquiries and applications (Cover letter and Resume) to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SA - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Technical Sleep Practitioner TG03
Technical Sleep Practitioner TG03
12 month backfill
Ventilatory Failure Investigation and Treatment Service
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
All position details available at the link below. Applications must be submitted online.
Contact: Mark Jurisevic, Principal Medical Scientist, Respiratory Medicine Unit, TQEH
Applications close 25th January 2019
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital - Clinical Measurement Scientist - Senior (Respiratory and Sleep)
It is the purpose of this role to deliver high level clinical scientific services within the Respiratory and Sleep Sciences Unit of the Thoracic Medicine Department, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH), as a member of a multidisciplinary team to stakeholders/customers of Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS), and provide leadership (including education and research focus) and supervision for the multi-disciplinary team delivering respiratory medicine scientific services.
For more information on the role and how to apply, please click HERE
Applications close 24 December 2018.
QLD - Townsville Hospital - Clinical Measurements Practitioner, Advanced (respiratory and sleep)
One Permanent Full Time position available
The Townsville Hospital Service are looking for a Clinical Measurements - Advanced in Respiratory and Sleep to join our lovely team in Townsville, Far North Queensland.
As a Clinical Measurements Practitioner – Advanced, you will be required to provide multi-specialised clinical and technical services to deliver both Sleep and Respiratory Medicine Clinical Measurements services. You will also provide professional leadership and education/training within the multidisciplinary health care unit, delivering services to local and inter-district stakeholders/customers of Queensland Health in accordance with organisational goals.
Generous remuneration package value up to $140,372 p.a. comprising salary range of $117,908 to $123,029 p.a. (HP5), 17.5% leave loading, 12.5 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Living in Townsville; a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand and Magnetic Island. Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events and a bustling nightlife.
For a confidential discussion please contact Nadine Pyne on 07 4433 2841.
Applications close on Monday, 19 November 2018.
Please click here to apply online