VIC - Respiratory Scientist, Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep Services
Respiratory Scientist - Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep Services
Permanent part time
one day a week (and cover for leave when required)
Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep services offers a range of medical diagnostic procedures and also specialist respiratory consultation.
Our Respiratory Laboratory is a busy clinical operation and its purpose is to provide diagnostic lung function testing to referred outpatients and to the wider community.
You will be responsible for conducting a range of both routine and more specialised tests of respiratory function. You will apply professional knowledge and skills to ensure that measurement accuracy and the highest standards of patient care are consistently achieved. You may be responsible for carrying out quality assurance procedures, and may be required to be trained in the operation and maintenance of sleep study equipment.
- Experience in lung function testing
- Ensure confidentiality of both patients and employees, policies and business dealings.
- Ensure correct functioning of laboratory equipment by performing calibration and maintenance procedures.
- Perform requested tests ensuring accuracy of measurements.
- Highest levels of patient care and safety must be achieved at all times.
- Prepare associated reports and calculate relevant test results.
- Keep abreast of new developments in respiratory technology and physiology.
- Undertake clerical duties associated with the operation of the laboratory.
- Remuneration will be based on experience.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Previous experience in the performance of routine respiratory function testing
- Science degree or higher in a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with patients.
- Proven ability to perform in a work environment where clear, accurate and analytical thought processes are essential.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence and availability to work across all laboratory sites as required.
- Competency in a Microsoft Windows based computer environment including Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with more complex tests of respiratory function such as body plethysmography, bronchial provocation testing, maximal respiratory pressures, haemoglobin skin prick testing, etc.
- Experience with Medisoft lung function testing instrumentation
- Sleep study set ups
Please direct your enquiries and applications (Cover letter and Resume) to:
Applicant to commence training ASAP, and be able to start Thursdays in July.
Applications close 28 June 2019