VIC - Respiratory Scientist, Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep Services
VIC - Heidleberg
Permanent Part Time (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays)
Melbourne Respiratory & Sleep services offers a range of medical diagnostic procedures and also specialist respiratory consultation.
Our Respiratory Laboratory is a busy clinical operation and its purpose is to provide diagnostic lung function testing to referred outpatients and to the wider community.
You will be responsible for conducting a range of both routine and more specialised tests of respiratory function. You will apply professional knowledge and skills to ensure that measurement accuracy and the highest standards of patient care are consistently achieved. You may be responsible for carrying out quality assurance procedures, and may be required to be trained in the operation and maintenance of sleep study equipment.
- Ensure confidentiality of both patients and employees, policies and business dealings.
- Ensure correct functioning of laboratory equipment by performing calibration and maintenance procedures.
- Perform requested tests ensuring accuracy of measurements.
- Highest levels of patient care and safety must be achieved at all times.
- Prepare associated reports and calculate relevant test results.
- Keep abreast of new developments in respiratory technology and physiology.
- Undertake clerical duties associated with the operation of the laboratory.
- Remuneration will be based on experience.
- KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Science degree or higher in a related discipline.
- Available to work up to 42hrs per fortnight. As this is a shared role, the applicant MUST be able to work Mondays, Thursdays, half a day on Wednesday (8.30-12.30), and be able to cover for leave as required.
- Previous experience in the performance of routine respiratory function testing. (Training will be offered to the right applicant)
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with patients.
- Proven ability to perform in a work environment where clear, accurate and analytical thought processes are essential.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence and availability to work across all laboratory sites as required.
- Competency in a Microsoft Windows based computer environment including Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with more complex tests of respiratory function such as body plethysmography, bronchial provocation testing, maximal respiratory pressures, haemoglobin skin prick testing, etc.
- Experience with Medisoft lung function testing instrumentation
- Sleep study home set-ups
Applications close 2nd February.
Applicant to start training in February, and be able to commence in March.
Please direct your enquiries and applications (Cover letter and Resume) to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.